Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why are eggs added to some dressing(stuffing) recipes?

I noticed, as I searched for a good dressing recipe, that some recipes call for eggs and some do not. What purposed does the egg have in these recipes and can it be elimated?Why are eggs added to some dressing(stuffing) recipes?
Use the egg or eggs. They act as a binder to hold everything together. Plus they do add a lot of flavor.


If you don't want to use them you don't have to.Why are eggs added to some dressing(stuffing) recipes?
They are used as a binder. stuffing is just a bread pudding.
To make you fatter. Eliminate by liposuction.
eggs can make dressing creamier and tastier.


like olive garden ceaser salad dressing calls for eggs,


thats the best salad ive ever tasted lol
I never use eggs in my stuffing as I think it makes it more like a bread pudding (savory)...I don't like my stuffing solid. It's a personal preference I guess.
Eggs are used to bond the dry ingredients together and to make it moist. I found an egg-less recipe at recipe.com ~ see below:
Eggs help to hold the stuffing together so it doesn't fall apart when it cooks. Eggs are a binding ingredient that also helps meatloaf stay together too! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment