Thursday, December 24, 2009

I have a stuffing recipe that requires oven dried white bread. How do I oven dry white bread?

I use whole wheat bread to make my stuffing, but I'm sure the drying process is the same. But I make a seasoned mix ready for making stuffing later. I crumble the bread in a bowl, add herbs and spices, toss it all with a little bit of olive oil, then spread it all out on a big cookie sheet, or 2-3 cookie sheets, and put in a low oven (225 deg. F.) until crisp. When it's cooled I put it all in a zip lock baggie to use when I make my stuffing. They probably mean to just dry out some slices of bread first. You can stick those in a low oven too. But watch it so it doesn't overcook.I have a stuffing recipe that requires oven dried white bread. How do I oven dry white bread?
If you don't want to do that most supermarkets sell dried bread in the bakery dept. Especially around thanksgiving and Christmas when people are making stuffing.I have a stuffing recipe that requires oven dried white bread. How do I oven dry white bread?
put on a cookie sheet on 200 degrees, and turn over every 5 mins until crispy.
Leave the bread, cut up small, either under the grill or in the oven, on a low heat for a long time till it is dry and crispy. Keep an eye on it and take it out when you think the texture is right.
It's bread that's been dried by heat. You can use a toaster, if that's more convenient for you.
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment