Thursday, December 24, 2009

I need a Stuffing recipe please?

I live in Europe and can't get Stove Top Stuffing here. Anyone have a good stuffing recipe that I can use? I'm an American living over here. Thanks!I need a Stuffing recipe please?
I don't know what you have access to there. Any cornmeal? If so bake up some cornbread first and use as your base. If not then toast some bread and make your own crumbs. Make about 4 cups. Mix 1 cup chopped onion, chicken broth, can of cream of celery, can of cream of mushroom, add 1/2 stick of butter and mix together. Bake in a greased pan for about 20-35 min. Good luck.





Oops forgot...add 2 eggs.I need a Stuffing recipe please?
The best stuffings are made at home. I use fresh breadcrumbs mixed with various herbs mint, rosemary, oregano, sage etc. depending on the meat. Also lemon peel onion in fact anything that I think would taste good. Bind it together with water, add salt pepper, if meat is dry (chicken) I also add some olive oil, butter or suet. Good luck have fun.
Sorry, don't have any recipes comparable to stove top. I'd imagine if you'd throw some old bread, rotten herbs and some toilet water into an old boot and heat it up you'd come out with something almost as disgusting.





Stove top, ghees. And to think I thought about giving up Granny's recipe.


Try www.allrecipes.com
here is my stuffing recipe that has been used in my family for generations.





a couple days before you need to prepare the stuffing you will need to buy various loaves of bread, i use white, rye, wheat, and pumpernickel. lay out slices of bread so that they can dry.


using a large pot boil the turkey giblets and salt and pepper and poultry seasoning until done. (about hour or so) let cool. break the slices of dried bread into pieces put in a large bowl.


melt one stick of butter in a frying pan cut up one large onion and a most of a bunch of celery. saute until onions are clear. then cut up the giblets and add the broth from the giblets, the giblets and the sauteed onions and celery to the dried bread crumb. mix well until everything is moist. (you may add a little chicken broth is it is too dry) stuff the stuffing mixture into turkey and bake accordingly to directions for the turkey.





good luck and Happy thanksgiving!...Imma

No comments:

Post a Comment