Thursday, January 7, 2010

Anyone have a great stuffing recipe? stuff inside the turkey or under the skin? Is dressing better?

My great-grandmother's fabulous turkey stuffing recipe is revealed!


Prep Time: 25 minutes


Cook Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes


Ingredients:





* 10 slices oatmeal bread, dried overnight, then cubed


* 2 Winesap or Haralson apples, peeled and chopped


* 1 onion, chopped


* 1 cup raisins


* 2 eggs, beaten


* 1/2 tsp. salt


* 1/4 tsp. pepper


* 1/4 cup butter, melted


* 1/3 cup cold water





Preparation:


Combine all ingredients except butter and water in large bowl and toss with hands to mix. Sprinkle melted butter and water over dressing, tossing with a fork to combine. Use to stuff 12-14 pound turkey. You can also place this stuffing in a casserole dish, drizzle with some chicken or turkey broth, cover, and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. 8 servingsAnyone have a great stuffing recipe? stuff inside the turkey or under the skin? Is dressing better?
Cooking dressing in a turkey is a disaster and pointless as it dries it out......


The best recipe is with corn bread, white bread, sauteed onion %26amp; celery, rubbing sage and some real good Turkey gravy... I recommend making the gravy with stock and roux (equal parts butter and flour)Anyone have a great stuffing recipe? stuff inside the turkey or under the skin? Is dressing better?
I use regular Stuffing mix and add the following to it!


Dried Cranberries,Salted Walnuts %26amp; Cashews,Celery, Onions,Chicken Broth and Diced Apples with a dash of Cinnamon on them. I've had very many compliments where I used to work as a Chef. I haven't worked in awhile due to illness, but now that I've won my battle over C----R, I'm ready to get back into it again. Take care my friend and I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment